At Essex Street Academy, we believe that all students deserve a safe and supportive environment with high academic expectations. To ensure that we provide this environment, we have established the following standards that we expect all members of the community to uphold.
- No personal attacks.
- Do not interrupt anyone’s learning, including your own.
- Phones and electronics must be off and out of view during the regular school day except during lunch. See our Electronics Policy.
- Arrive to class on time. See our Attendance Policy.
- Be prepared. See the Supply List.
- Use appropriate language.
- Dress appropriately for school. See our Dress Code Policy.
- Respect our community and our space.
- No possession or use of illegal substances. See our Substance Abuse Policy.
The following are Seward Park Campus Rules that insure that our campus is safe and organized:
- ESA students use the Ludlow Street entrance to enter and exit the building except during after-school, when they use the Grand Street entrance.
- Students are not allowed on the elevator without an elevator pass.